Saturday, August 18, 2012

6 weeks

Can you believe that august is half over? Ya me either..
It's nuts to think I turn in my Mission papers in 6 weeks.
Yes you heard me I'm going on a mission.
Last thing you thought I would say right? Well to be honest I have always seen my self going on a mission I guess the older I got the more stubborn I became. Everyone I knew told me I would be a amazing missionary. In some ways I believed them, I'm not shy I guess you could say, I have lived away from my family, I have always loved sharing my testimony and telling people about my church.
After everyone I knew was telling me I needed to go on a mission. I got really annoyed and pretty much told people "no a mission is not for me." I some how got my self to believe it.
I went to a R.S meeting one saturday and heard a story that pretty much changed my life. In that moment I knew I had/WANTED to go on a mission. I don't think I have ever been so excited or nervous in my entire life.
I'm excited to see where I'll be serving, I'm excited to learn, I'm excited to make new friends, But what I'm more excited about is to be apart of a bigger plan, to be a tool for god to find those people who are seeking to find the "Light".

Matthew 28:19
19 Go ye therefore, and teach all nations baptizing them in the name of the father, and of the son,and of the holy ghost.
20 Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen

I'm so grateful I went to that one special meeting and listened to that speaker. I know I was suppose to hear every word that was said. I can not describe to you how happy I am to be apart of the Church of Jesus Christ of Later Day Saints.
Don't worry people who read this I will probably be talking about this subject a lot in the next few months be prepared. :)
Love y'all!!
Xoxo Kel

No comments:

Post a Comment