Sunday, December 30, 2012

Going Going Gone!

2012 has been an interesting year to say the least.
This year started off amazing! I rang in the new year in Time Square with 3 of my Best Friends and 
about 1 million strangers. It was a night I will never forget. 
I moved back to Utah when I moved I really had no reason for moving just a feeling that I need to be home.
about a month later my family experienced betrayal that Shattered all our hearts.
It completely tore apart our extend family.
I remember many nights where my family cried together.
I remember writing a missionary to tell him what had happened and how heart broken he was.  
As time went on the situation just got worse to the point where we finally had to cut certain people out of our life's. It was hard but we didn't want anymore drama.
Looking back this is why I needed to move home Heavenly Father knew I need to be close to my family when this would happen.

 I went to Dallas with my mom and sister during the summer we had a blast. Dallas is one of my favorite city's (besides NYC of course) I love the weather. I love the shopping, I love the people. I would move there if I could! 

Back October of 2011 I had started talking to my bishop in New York about serving a mission, not a lot of people knew I was even thinking about going. I had a Very powerful missionary experience and I knew that I wanted to serve a mission. After I moved home and the "DRAMA" went down I put my mission on hold.
Finally in June I told my family and friends I wanted to go on a mission. 
Every little thing I felt was holding me back. I really had to trust in the lord and tell my self that it was on his timing not mine. 

November 23 2012 I went to the post office and picked up a large white envelop addressed to 
Sister Lauren Markel Crandall. That entire day I was so happy and excited. I remember looking at the envelop and thinking inside this envelop is a sheet of paper that will tell me where ill be serving the lord for 18 months yes I kinda freaked out. 
Later that night my amazing friends and family gathered to watch me open my call. 
Houston Texas Spanish Speaking!!!
I was so excited! My love for Texas and my want to learn a language all came together! 

This year has had its Highs and Lows but I'm so grateful for every experience I have had in this last year. I learned how to trust my Heavenly Father and with his help and love I became a better person. I know that everything happens for a reason. We just have to remember there is a reason why bad things happen to good people. We have to remember by trusting and having faith things will work out.
2013 is going to be an amazing year! 
TEXAS HERE I COME!!!!



1 comment: