Thursday, January 5, 2012

# 9 on my Bucket list BE IN TIMES SQUARE FOR NEW YEARS!!!


Way back when I was 5 years old I remember my family always watching Dick Clark's NYE. I remember seeing all the people in Times Square waiting for the clock to strike 12. I have always wanted to be in Times Square. Ask anyone who knows me. I tried planning a trip my senior year but it never worked out. About 11 months ago when I found out I was moving to New York that was the FIRST thing I wanted to do! I was so excited that I would actually be able to do it! As it got closer a few of the nannies and I started to talk about going. Sydney booked a ticket and was going to be out here that week. We talked to people who actually have  done it they kept saying don't do it! don't do it! I was so confused it looked like so much fun. then I find out that they actually lock you in Times Square. There is no bathrooms no where to sit and no where to get food.. that started to worry me.. standing for hours with out a bathroom or food or drink.. But that didn't stop us!!
 12/31/11
Syd and I woke up early so we could meet Chey and Sher at Grand Central so that we could be in Times Square around 10. yes 10.. which would mean we would stand there for 14+ hours. We told our self's that if we were going to go we wanted to have an AMAZING spot. which we got. we were about 4 rows from the stage. we bought these little chairs for like 10 bucks which saved us! for the first 4 hours. Around 3 the NYPD started telling us that we had to go to 6th ave and 50th street to go through security. we where SO mad because we had already been seating there for like 4 hours! so we RAN yes RAN all the way up to 51 street and there was a MOB of people.. oh yeah we met Victor, Angie and Richie.. they are our new besties.. they are from LA. anyways back to the story.. so we tried making our way to the front which was impossible everyone was so smashed together that you could out you legs up and the people next to you could hold you up. defiantly not the place for a person that is claustrophobic. The security check points that the NYPD tried to do DIDN'T WORK! and we lost our spots! :( we ended up not to far back we were still able to see the stage and the ball. it  was still so much fun. so while we were waiting all these people stared freaking out so i walked over to the gate and CBS was interviewing people.. so of course I started waving like a dumbie haha then the new anchor started waving at me telling me to come over.. so i did.. He asked me where I was from and I said Spanish Fork Utah. then he asked me if i had a New years Resolution.. I was like YES.. so he asked me what it was and i totally froze ha i turned to my friends behind me and asked them what I should say then I said " My new years resolution is to travel more." he asked me for my name and it was done I had been Interview!! i was SO EXCITED!!! When it turned 6 pm I seriously thought how on earth am i going to do this for another 6 hours!!! everyone was getting a little tired and ready for the show to start. Once Drake, Pitbull, and other started to preform it wasn't so bad!! The handed out hats, streamers, nevea Lip care products and other things! I was SO HAPPY when the clocked turned 11 Lady Gaga preformed!! After that Some random Green goblin thing took over the video screens!! Everyone was kinda freaking out because they thought it was like a terrorist  attack or something! CNN was behind it. I hope who ever approved that got fired it was really scary, totally not appropriate for NYE. FINALLY 10 mins to go!! by then my whole body hurt not just my feet! I will never forget looking at the clock for a solid 10 min. The moment I had been waiting for was finally here, as i had my phone in one hand and my camera in the other EVERYONE started SCREAMING 10,9,8,7,6,5,4,3,2,1!!!!!! HAPPY NEW YEAR!!! the ball dropped and 2 ton of confetti was dropped from the sky! their was people kissing all around and fireworks going off! I had done it. I lasted 14+ hours waiting for this.. It was SO WORTH it! I probably wont do it ever again.. but NONE THE LESS I FINALLY DID IT!! 













No comments:

Post a Comment