Monday, January 16, 2012

The Time Has Finally Come

A year ago I was boarding a plane to Dallas to meet my mom, when my cell phone when off. I looked down at a 914 number knowing that the person who was calling me lived in New York. I had been interviewing to be a nanny with families all over the east coast. As I answered the lady on the other side of the phone told me she wanted me to come to New York to be her two children's nanny. I was SOOOOO excited finally something in my life was going right!! I had been looking for every reason to get the heck out of Utah. I accepted and she said she would book me a ticket for February 5th 2011. I was in shock. I was not expecting to leave so soon. The whole flight all I could think was how I was going to tell everyone. I had told some people that I was interviewing to be a nanny but I don't think anyone took me seriously. I was in Dallas for a week and when I got home I quit my job moved out of my apt. packed my bags and was on a plane to New York. I never thought saying good bye to your family could be so hard.
Now now I cant tell you every single thing that happened this year but ill do my best!! 
In a matter of ONE year I,
Moved in with a Jew/Crazy family
Got kicked out
Was homeless
Lived in Connecticut then moved to Scarsdale NY
Lived with Germans 
Traveled to Washington DC and surrounding areas , Philadelphia, Hershey PA, Baltimore, The Jersey Shore, Prague, Vienna, Salzburg, Budapest, Amsterdam. 
Went to Keith Urban with Jade! Went to Easton Corbin Sara Evans, Rascal Flatts with Kiley
SPENT ALL MY MONEY on Canal Street with my Friends.
Saw pretty much every site a person can see in NYC
Survived a Hurricane, Tornado, Earthquake.
Spend summer nights in Italy.. (little Italy that is)
Was a nanny to 2 cute little boys.
Went to some Broadway shows
Spent New Years Eve in Times Square
Realized who my true friends are
Got lost a few times
Took the wrong subway!
Walked through the Bronx at 2 am... not a smart idea
Saw someone get mugged 
Saw someone get hit by a taxi 
Got my Heartbroken
Saw a Few Famous Faces
Found my Jamaican Momma! 
Gain the BEST friends ANYONE could ask for!!
Like I said there is no way I could tell you everything I have done during this year.
All I can say is, I would not have changed one thing that happened to me during this year. It made me who I am today. I have learned so much about myself and what I can do. I am SOO excited to move back to Good old UTAH. NYC will always have a part of my heart. I am going to miss all of my east coast friends who I have met this year. I have met people who are from all over the world. Some of them I will probably Never see again in this life, But I know I will see them again. I know that i was Suppose to meet EVERY single person that I did. Its crazy to think about how one decision change me SO much. I am so grateful for the opportunity for me to live out here and have an amazing year! 




















In 3 Weeks its Goodbye Big City, Hello Happy Valley! 





No comments:

Post a Comment